Heavy Equipment OperatorApply Today
The Equipment Operator position will use varying skills to support projects requiring the operation of machines and equipment. This position will have seasonal variation depending on the weather and projects to be completed. The Equipment Operator will work with different leaders to achieve goals specific to their departments as needed.
- Uphold the MSI Values, policies and procedures
- Detail oriented
- Customer service experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work with staff in solving problems
- Construction experience preferred
- Effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with peers, managers and clients
- Able to create, implement and work within current systems
- Complete earth work projects as necessary
- Fill in as back-up truck driver when assigned
- Assist as back-up forklift operator/warehouse support when assigned
- Provide construction support for SRD when assigned
- Maintain all equipment per the preventative maintenance schedule
- Support special projects when assigned.
- Attend weekly planning meetings with MSI Equipment Manager
- Schedule and communicate project planning
- Request maintenance items required for equipment
Reports to: MSI Equipment Manager
- Valid CDL Class A license
- Current forklift certification
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving and large equipment operating rules and regulations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions, etc.)
MSI offers a full range of benefits including: 401K; Health, Dental, Life & Vision insurance; Profit Sharing/ Bonus Program; Health Savings Account and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment of selected candidate is conditional upon clear background screening and clean driving record as well as the ability to meet the physical requirements of the position in a pre-employment physical.