Heavy Equipment and Vehicle Maintenance TechnicianApply Today
Mission: Provide preventative maintenance and repair for equipment and MSI vehicles in a way that will allow for on-time delivery of quality products.
***Potential to earn between $250 and $500 in Sign-on Bonuses!***
MSI Values plus the following:
Knowledge of Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems
Knowledge of Tooling and Fixturing (welding, fabricating)
Knowledge of automotive, diesel engines, and heavy equipment repair (ASE Certification a plus)
Must be able to troubleshoot and perform maintenance on forklifts
Must be able to Grease equipment
Must be able to change the oil in equipment
Must be able to rotate tires on vehicles
Must be able to recognize and avoid electrical hazards while electrical trouble shooting
Must possess decision making ability to determine the level of hazard, proper PPE and job planning to safely perform tasks
Pro-active team member (Positive communicator, solution-oriented, accountable)
Computer skills to include Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Must be able to complete tasks listed below:
- Provide all maintenance and repair as assigned. Troubleshoot/Repair equipment. Perform emergency maintenance on equipment and vehicles as required to support production. Inspect and repair all forklifts, trucks, trailers, and heavy equipment.
- Clean, lubricate, and conduct preventative maintenance on all forklifts, trucks, trailers, heavy equipment.
- Perform skilled maintenance and repair on mechanical and electrical equipment; test and replace circuits; coordinate emergency repairs and large complex projects; troubleshoot and correct defective switches, relays, fuses and other wiring; perform routine mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Estimate cost of labor and materials for work orders; obtain competitive prices for equipment and supplies needed.
- Operate a variety of equipment and machines including saws, drill presses, grinders, MIG/TIG welders, plasma torches, cutting equipment, and various pneumatic and power tools to perform repair and maintenance work; maintain tools and equipment in a safe, clean and proper working condition.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Reach, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls with hands and arms, legs and feet
- Stand, walk; sit; climb; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb ladders/steps
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds for a minimal distance
- Talk to, communicate with and hear others
- See (vision abilities include; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus)
- Ability to maintain mental focus and concentration
- Perform all duties day and night, on all surfaces and in all-weather conditions
Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reports to: Process Engineering Manager
MSI offers a full range of benefits including: 401k; Health, Dental, Life and Vision insurance; Profit Sharing Bonus Program; Health Savings Account and more.
Manufacturing Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment of selected candidates is conditional upon clear background screening as well as the ability to meet the physical requirements of the position in pre-employment physical