Warehouse ManagerApply Today
MSI takes pride in offering excellent fulfillment, logistics, and warehouse services to all of their internal and external customers and clients. The Warehouse Manager will direct, manage and coordinate logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer service activities. The Warehouse Manager’s goal is to ensure that all resources are available to meet the expectations of the customer. In addition, they deal with coordinating day to day activities to meet both external and internal needs.
MSI Values plus the following:
- Proven Leadership Ability (positive communicator, solution-oriented, accountable)
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and proprietary computer programs
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple projects through to completion
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff
- Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability and professional demeanor
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and strict situations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Communicate politely with customers by email, letter, face to face, and via telephone.
- Work to solve and investigate customer’s long-standing or complex problems.
- Implement corrective action plans based on any issues that arise.
- Visit customers if necessary for the provision of one-to-one service.
- Communicate with staff on a regular basis regarding current issues. Hold staff accountable to clearly expressed expectations. Document these conversations for employee files.
- Maintain staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Communicate with HR on manpower needs
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, following up on work results
- Report all metrics to the Production Manager based on defined criteria
- Ensure all safety protocols are being met and followed
- Monitor updates and upgrades with developments and changes in the Fulfillment Center.
- Facilitate kitting activities based on customer requirements to ensure quality and on time delivery
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouses by planning and implementing new design layouts, inspecting equipment, issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Plan, oversee and/or complete all warehouse activities and documentation associated with Receiving, Material Handling, Storage, Stocking, Loading, and Delivery. To include, but not limited to the following:
- Verify and keep record of all incoming material with the verification of packing slip form. Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming shipments. Note and report any shipping damage.
- Receiving Inspection
- Isolate nonconforming material in a labeled, quarantined area in preparation for dispositioning.
- Clearly identify, mark, and record customer owned property (inventory) per customer requirements.
- Store and handle all customer owned material and product in a secure and protected manner.
- Practice FIFO (First In, First Out) unless approved by customer to do otherwise.
- Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices, such as forklift, conveyor, or sorting bins.
- Perform Cycle counts per customer requirement or special counts by customer request.
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements.
- Verify and keep record of outgoing material.
- Determine and record quality metrics for success in Fulfillment Process.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred with 3 to 5 years of warehouse experience.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be exposed to loud or distracting sounds or noise levels. Warehouse may be hot in the summer and cold in the winter. May occasionally work outdoors for short periods of time.
Reports to: Production Manager
Job Type: Full-time