Material HandlerApply Today
Mission: A reliable fork lift material handler will work to maintain a clean, organized warehouse, respect forklift safety criteria, support warehouse stocking, inventory movement criteria and fulfilling lineside production needs. Material Handler will be responsible for delivering unloaded product deliveries, proper storage, and staging of products based upon internal customer (production and quality) requirements, and assisting with thoughtfully organizing and maintaining inventory movement and appropriate tracking information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in working in order of internal customer (Quality/Production/External) using sheets based on customer orders and then pulling the right products for each order.
- Load and unload sideline material, supporting the production schedule, ensuring that production never runs out of parts
- Support training of new hires
- Record and report any equipment repair needs
- Report any shortages or discrepancies to the Logistics or Inventory Control Leader as applicable
- Visually monitor inventory levels and communicate low levels to the Inventory
- Comply with safety regulations
- Ensure that the warehouse is kept clean – all cardboard, scrap metal, and waste wood are properly disposed of
- Conduct 5S responsibilities daily
- Elevate any/all concerns quickly
- Maintain a solution oriented work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management
- Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement
- Operate a forklift/pallet jacks following all company and safety regulations
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/Requirements: The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Maintain current forklift certification
Reports to: Logistics Lead
MSI offers a full range of benefits including: 401K; Health, Dental, Life & Vision insurance; Profit Sharing/ Bonus Program; Health Savings Account and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment of selected candidate is conditional upon clear background screening and clean driving record as well as the ability to meet the physical requirements of the position in a pre-employment physical.