Manufacturing Department ManagerApply Today
MSI, one of the largest employers in Northern Vermont, and a leading provider of LEAN manufacturing solutions is looking for a Department Manager to oversee our manufacturing process in one of our departments.
If you’re looking for dependable pay, great benefits and an exciting work environment with growth potential, apply now!
Our benefit package includes paid holidays, paid vacation, CTO, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, an HSA, profit sharing and a 401k plan. In addition MSI offers on-site perks including access to a certified physical therapist and gym.
Daily duties of Department Managers include managing a production staff of 4 to 6 employees, providing summary data, creating and analyzing productivity and labor graphs, overtime reports, department budget goals, making changes as needed to meet metrics and being responsible for the safety of all members of the department.
Required skills include being results oriented, self-motivated, have strong problem solving skills with an impeccable attention to detail, dependability, and quality oriented. This department requires the ability to learn how to program table patterns that will be cut on our cutting tables.
- Five years or more experience in a manufacturing management role, overseeing teams of 5 or more employees on a consistent basis;
- Experience with LEAN manufacturingprocedures
- Proven ability to motivate, lead and relate to a diverse work force.
- Pro-active team leader with excellent communication skills, being solution-oriented and accountable.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Manufacturing Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment of selected candidates is conditional upon clear background screening as well as ability to meet the physical requirements of the position in a pre-employment physical.
Job Type: Full-time