Maintenance Technician 2 - 1st ShiftApply Today
Mission: Provide preventative and pro-active maintenance for production equipment per customer requirements, in a way that will allow for efficiency and on-time delivery of quality products.
MSI Values plus the following:
Able to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems
Skilled in safe fabrication of tools and fixtures in wood and metal using hand tools, power tools, welders, torches, and machine tools
Must be able to recognize and avoid electrical hazards
Must possess the decision making ability to determine the level of hazard, proper PPE and job planning to safely perform tasks
Pro-active team member (Positive communicator, solution-oriented, accountable)
Computer skills to include Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Must be able to complete tasks listed below:
- Fabricate tooling and fixturing as assigned. Estimate cost of labor and materials, obtain competitive pricing, order all needed materials, and complete the project in a timely way.
- Perform maintenance and repair on mechanical and electrical equipment as directed.
- Maintain tools and equipment in a safe, clean and proper working condition.
- Help assess & improve manufacturing processes. Make the Engineering Manager and other stakeholders aware of opportunities for improvement and help the team find the best plan for success.
- Manage complex projects from idea to successful adoption into the production environment as assigned. This will include planning, design review & refinement, management of spending and build time, acquisition of parts and materials, fabrication, implementation, refinement and support in production, and generation work instructions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Reach, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls with hands and arms, legs and feet
- Stand, walk; sit; climb; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb ladders/steps
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds for a minimal distance
- Talk to, communicate with and hear others
- See (vision abilities include; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus)
- Ability to maintain mental focus and concentration
- Perform all duties day and night, on all surfaces and in all-weather conditions
Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager